A couple weekends ago we took advantage of the warm sunny weather and headed outdoors to longboard and for my 9 year to take her beautiful new blue bike for a spin, courtesy of Woom Bikes. We basically knew it was time for a new bike when a few months back she had an accident riding her old princess bike down a hill. She had some issues with the brakes and fell flat on her face. Thankfully she walked away with only a few bruises and scrapes.
I can’t believe we’ve had her riding that old thing that was too small, like 2 full sizes smaller for way too long. We’re still kicking ourselves in the butt for not upgrading sooner. However, we are so grateful to have found Woom Bikes . After several weeks of research for the best children’s bikes on the market, we concluded that Woom Bikes was the perfect match for our girl.
We reached out to them and the rest is history. So far my gal is loving the smooth ride. As a mom I love that Woom Bikes are light weight that even she can lift her own bike around. The pedals and seats are sized perfectly for a child and just the right amount of gears for her to learn and mess with. She’s taller than average for her age so we went with the size 6, the last size in their lineup. No more crouching down or her knees banging on the handle bars. We appreciate the quality craftsmanship and she couldn’t be more happier with the color blue and the fun bell (she’s also hoping for a basket). Also, what is it with kids and bells? I know little brother has been secretly wishing to get his hands on that bike one day.
Here’s my recap:
- It’s lightweight, I’ve noticed most children’s bikes on the market are heavier than the child it’s geared towards.
- The craftsmanship and components are of highest quality.
- Although her bike is a Size 6 (the last available size in their lineup) she won’t be able to participate in their UPCYCLE program. Basically the program allows you send in the old bike that your child has outgrown and receive 40% of the returned bikes cost good toward your purchase of the next size Woom Bike. Good news for us her bike will stay in the family because it will be going to little brother when he is ready.
- 8 gears only and thats enough for a kid in my opinion.
- The seat and pedals are sized for a kids body.
- There are 4 colors available, the choices are Blue, Green, Purple, and Red. They are all very appealing colors.
I would definitely look into getting my son a Woom bike when he outgrows his current one. A little research led us to Woom Bikes, but you should let your own research guide you and always keep your child’s needs and family’s budget in mind. Happy Riding!!
Thank you Woom Bikes for the ride, but all opinions & ideas are my own.